IIFYM Taco Bell + The Best Taco Seasoning!
Updated: May 11, 2019
Hey Everyone! It's been a minute since I've made a blog post; we've been settling into our new apartment and getting more and more ready for our lil baby!
Recently I was selected to be a sponsored athlete for Sleek Bikini Team & I have began training for my first bikini comp! (YES! I've been weight training throughout my entire pregnancy, LMK if you'd like a blog post about that!) SOOOOOOOOO, I've been getting back on my IIFYM grind, HARD!
.......And I LOVE it!
There's just something so satisfying about hitting all your goals and seeing all those numbers add up (not to mention the PopTarts!). For more information about IIFYM visit https://iifymbikiniboss.com/ ! Tracy is FULL of great info!
OKAY BROOKE STOP RAMBLING, LET'S TALK TACOS!
If you're anything like me, you love Taco Bell...and if you're anything like my Grandmother, you might make the claim that Taco Bell is the best restaurant in your town. Let's just say, I come by it honestly!
Here is the recipe for the BEST taco seasoning (unless you don't like TB, so sorry, you should probably leave....) & my tips on the best way to prepare it!
1 cube beef bouillon (ground in food processor.... or 1tsp powdered beef bouillon)
1 tsp of dark chili powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp flour
I enter this into MFP as 4 servings, because I add it to 1LB (16oz) of meat, & have 4oz of it as 1 serving.
BEST Taco Seasoning Macros: 11cal | 2g Carbs | 0.3g Fat | 0.2g Protein | 0g Fiber
Now.... Since today is #TacoTuesday, I'm going to ALSO tell you my favorite and most Taco Bell-y(?) way to prepare this!
1. Heat up your skillet (I LOVE my Pioneer Woman set I got for Christmas! So pretty, and the white nonstick is so satisfying! IDK I'm weird, okay).
2. Add in 1LB of ground turkey! This is the KEY, the GOLDEN TICKET to getting that delicious, TB mystery meat texture! I know that sounds weird, but TRUST ME! I've tried it with regular ground beef, and it just doesn't taste the same!
3. Don't get overzealous, let your ground turkey cook, because it gives off water, and you'll need that since the seasoning has flour in it.
4. After turkey is cooked, there should be some water in the skillet. DO NOT DRAIN! Add your seasoning mix right over all that goodness and mix it up!
*5. OPTIONAL: I like to add another TBSP of water, just because.... I don't know, it makes it just a BIIIIT saucier and delicious.
6. Add 1/4 of the cooked meat (for me this is about 90g cooked) to your favorite WARMED flour tortilla(s) & add some sharp cheddar!
BAM! Homemade TBell, you're welcome. If your interested in more homemade TB recipes let me know! I have some more up my sleeves!